working on rewriting this in the positive++++++
a reminder of how to live everyday.
"But you’re not yourself today," continued the count. "What’s the matter?"
"I have a headache."
"Well, then, in that case I have an infallible remedy to suggest to you, a remedy that has been successful with me each time I’ve met with some annoyance."
"What is it?"
"Travel. And it so happens that I’ve recently met with quite a number of annoyances, so I’m about to travel. Would you like to come with me?"
"Gladly. But where shall we go?"
"We’ll go where the air is pure, where all sounds are soothing, where, no matter how proud one may be, one feels humble and finds oneself small—in short, we’ll go to the sea. I love the sea as one loves a mistress and I long for her when I haven’t seen her for some time."
still weirded out about beyonce being 6 months pregnant during the filming of her music video for “countdown.” aren’t you supposed to be fat, cranky, and tired by then? right? she’s not human. right?
1. Rise with the sun to pray. Pray alone. Pray often. The Great Spirit will listen, if you only speak.
2. Be tolerant of those who are lost on their path. Ignorance, conceit, anger, jealousy and greed stem from a lost soul. Pray that they will find guidance.
3. Search for yourself, by yourself. Do not allow others to make your path for you. It is your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
4. Treat the guests in your home with much consideration. Serve them the best food, give them the best bed and treat them with respect and honor.
5. Do not take what is not yours whether from a person, a community, the wilderness or from a culture. It was not earned nor given. It is not yours.
6. Respect all things that are placed upon this earth - whether it be people or plant.
7. Honor other people’s thoughts, wishes and words. Never interrupt another or mock or rudely mimic them. Allow each person the right to personal expression.
8. Never speak of others in a bad way. The negative energy that you put out into the universe will multiply when it returns to you.
9. All persons make mistakes. And all mistakes can be forgiven.
10. Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism.
11. Nature is not FOR us, it is a PART of us. They are part of your worldly family.
12. Children are the seeds of our future. Plant love in their hearts and water them with wisdom and life’s lessons. When they are grown, give them space to grow.
13. Avoid hurting the hearts of others. The poison of your pain will return to you.
14. Be truthful at all times. Honesty is the test of ones will within this universe.
15. Keep yourself balanced. Your Mental self, Spiritual self, Emotional self, and Physical self - all need to be strong, pure and healthy. Work out the body to strengthen the mind. Grow rich in spirit to cure emotional ails.
16. Make conscious decisions as to who you will be and how you will react. Be responsible for your own actions.
17. Respect the privacy and personal space of others. Do not touch the personal property of others - especially sacred and religious objects. This is forbidden.
18. Be true to yourself first. You cannot nurture and help others if you cannot nurture and help yourself first.
19. Respect others religious beliefs. Do not force your belief on others.
20. Share your good fortune with others. Participate in charity.
almost lost these…xoxo
stop describing articles of clothing as “festival.” not only is that word not an adjective, it doesn’t make sense. festivals are created and run to celebrate music, artists, and community, which is much too broad a concept to create a specific festival style. you’re not fooling anyone.